Experience superb sonic clarity and accurate musical reproduction with this S/PDIF (Toslink) Digital Optical Audio Cable from Monoprice!
The Sony/Philips Digital Interface Format provides for a Digital Optical Audio signal, commonly referred to as Toslink. Toslink allows for the distribution of uncompressed 2-channel PCM audio or compressed multichannel audio, such as DTS® or Dolby® 5.1 or 7.1. Being an optical signal, Toslink is immune to problems that can plague electrical signals, such as crosstalk, magnetic interference, or radio frequency interference.
Many laptop and small computers, including the Apple MacBook® and Mac® mini, feature a combination 3.5mm TRS stereo audio and S/PDIF Digital Optical Audio output port. This port can accept a standard 3.5mm headphone plug or a Mini Toslink plug.
This cable features a 3.5mm Mini Toslink connector on one end and a full-sized Toslink connector on the other end, with molded connector heads and strain-relief boots.
- Full-sized male Digital Optical Audio (Toslink) connector on one end
- 3.5mm male Mini Toslink connector on one end
- 5.0 mm outside diameter
- Molded strain-relief bootss reduce strain where the cable and connectors meet
- Gold plated ferrule resists corrosion and provides maximum protection for the connector tip
- Precision polished fiber tips for maximum signal transfer
- Plastic tip protectors attached to each end to protect the optical cable when not in use
DTS is a registered trademark of DTS, Inc.
Dolby and the double-D symbol are registered trademarks of Dolby Laboratories.
Apple, Mac, and MacBook are trademarks of Apple Inc, registered in the U.S. and other countries.
* This cable can not be connected to a stereo mini-phono headphone jack. For example, you can not connect your iPod's headphone jack to your stereo's digital optical input.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.